Rethink Your Holiday Plans
A COVID-19 Update
From Chairman Dr. Leff
As a physician (not currently practicing), I urge people to rethink their gatherings this week and in the coming weeks. The choice is yours but I’m asking for you to carefully rethink your holiday plans based upon the following:
- Kennett Township had the most reported cases of COVID-19 last week … by far (16).
- Chester County's positivity rate is increasing 8.5%, which speaks to the unrelenting spread of asymptomatic infections.
- The Governor announced new mitigation efforts in light of the increases. They can be viewed HERE.
- When people continue to get together, either without masks, too physically close together and/or indoors, that spread will only worsen.
- Trusted colleagues, friends and relatives are all people who can unknowingly spread COVID-19.
If you feel that you must physically get together, please wear a mask when within 6 feet of someone or when visiting others indoors for any reason. That may mean even wearing a mask at your own home if people come to visit you.
Please continue to reach out to family and friends, socially and spiritually, but try to limit the physical nearness, which we all miss dearly.
The goal is for each and everyone of us to stay safe until a vaccine is available, which for most of us won’t be until early next year.